Here are my predictions for 2011 in no particular order:
- Microsoft will release > 100 bulletins.
- W3C will finish the HTML v5 spec. It will still have tons of attack vectors which attackers will start to use.
- Adobe will continues to a primary attack vector for malicious attackers.
- SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting won’t be killed for at least another 3-5 years.
- There will be another major DDoS incident similar to (Iran’s elections in 2009 and Wikileaks issues in 2010).
- IE 6 will still be used by organizations that use webapps which require it.
- Someone will release an Android exploits framework.
- The Celtics beat the Lakers in 7 games to win the NBA Championship.
- The Miami Heat are still 3 years away from winning the NBA Championship.
- The RedSox beat the Phillies in 6 games to win the World Series.
- The Patriots beat the Atlanta Falcons to win the Superbowl.
- The Boston Bruins don’t make the playoffs.